2016 Student Business Innovation Competition launched
Dear Students and Postdoctoral Scholars,
You are invited to participate in the 2016 "Student Business Innovation Competition". The top winning team will be awarded a paid round trip for one of its team members to a business venture camp in Suzhou, China in summer 2016, sponsored by the Suzhou Industrial Park-University of California, Los Angeles Institute for Technology Advancement (SIP-UCLA ITA).
The competition serves as a launch pad for innovative business ventures from aspiring student entrepreneurs by providing mentoring and exposure. It is open to college and graduate students as well as post-doctoral scholars. Based on submitted abstracts and business plans, 6-8 finalists will be chosen to present their business plans to a panel of judges on April 23, 2016 during the 54th CESASC annual convention day program. Winners will be announced at the CESASC annual convention evening gala.
- First place: A paid round trip for one team member (airfare Los Angeles -Suzhou, China and local lodging expenses) in Summer 2016.
- Second-place: two awardees (Certificate Award)
- Third-place: three awardees (Certificate Award)
- Best Innovation Award (Certificate Award)
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- April 10, 2016: Last day to submit all application materials
- April 15, 2016: Finalists announced
- April 23, 2016 (afternoon): Presentation by the finalists at the 54th CESASC convention
- April 23, 2016 (evening): Winners announced at the 54th CESASC convention gala.
All application materials should be sent to BusinessContest@cesasc.org
Application instruction can be found at www.cesasc.org/content/2016-student-business-innovation-competition